Monday, October 09, 2006

the happenings

This past week has been eventful.

My significant other has arrived in Lima and will be keeping me company in this journey of mine as well as exploring her own path. Just this Sunday we set out to Lima's "barrio chino" (chinatown) to eat dim sum and ended up in a police station discussing rat droppings and chrysanthemum tea.

At work, things are coming along, slowly. On Collin's recommendation, I am making it habit to visit parents every afternoon. At first it was to check up on kids that were absent or late but on the recomendation of my boss, we are going to expand the objective and use this opportunity to get to know parents and their needs. I will have to start flexing those ethnographic muscles of mine.

I do not have enough time to do what is required here. I need another Carlos to help me craft a curriculum, assessments, teach, post on this blog, etc. Hopefully, I will progress and get my act together despite the great disorder that gets in the way.

More to come.

C

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home