Monday, September 11, 2006

2 months down

Folks,

I've survived 66 days in Peru.

I have learned that progress is not achieved overnight. It takes 65 days:

Sixteen of 30 parents attended Sunday's meeting. That figure represents 24 out of 43 children registered in this program. With this slight majority we fashioned concensus. Each day, we will spend one hour working on homework and one hour working on "learning skills."

To elaborate I will quote Ann's comment:
One essential element is for them to learn what questions to ask, to know that they need strategies for solving a problem. So, making learning an explicit, active job is important.
Creating a curriculum with this in mind is the next task.

Cheers,

C

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carlos,
I'm so glad that my response to your posting is helping you plan your work!!
I'll be eager to hear how these kids respond to the process of learning being something they have to DO, not something that other people do, or that other people do to them.
Cuidate,
Ana

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home